POSITION TITLE: Account Manager - The Estates Group
The Account Manager of The Estates Group will maximize the sale of client brands to high image wine accounts through effective account management, selling execution, and communication resulting in the achievement of company and client objectives.
• Effectively execute distribution and volume through wine lists, wine-by-the-glass, catering, banquets, special events, and other opportunities.
• Plan time and activities to ensure achievement of company and client established goals and sales objectives within assigned accounts.
• Conduct staff training and education in all assigned accounts.
• Identify opportunities, develop and implement ‘Account Action Plans’.
• Develop monthly, weekly and daily written plans for execution.
• Create customer business building concepts to increase company share and volume.
• Work collaboratively with client/winery personnel to develop wine product knowledge, assist with wine presentations and activate account action plans.
• Obtain company and client quotas and revenue growth.
• Sell concepts and consult with the customer on strategies that will collectively enhance both business models.
• Build relationships and an effective partnership with the ultimate decision maker in assigned accounts.
• Utilize pricing and promotion strategies, marketing opportunities, servicing, merchandising and category management skills.
• Communicate issues, opportunities and market intelligence through effective written, electronic and verbal means.
Account Manager will be accountable for information between the field and the company’s management.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university in related field or equivalent experience.
3 to 5 years of sales experience in the wine industry.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position will require the ability to read, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. This position will also require the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. This position will further require the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position will require the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. This position will also require the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, and ratios to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: This position will also require the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. This position will also require the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: CSW certification or will ultimately obtain certification
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – (These are required to perform the key responsibilities of the job with or without accommodations)