The maintenance mechanic position conducts machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventative maintenance service.
· Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
· Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
· Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
· Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
· Comply with OSHA safety and health rules.
· Works with Maintenance Supervisor to resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems.
· Maintains time and production records.
· Participates in safe work practices and reports any safety concerns.
· Confers with Maintenance Supervisor to coordinate activities of individual departments.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: Must possess a High School Diploma or general education degree (GED). Forklift certification preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS – (These are required to perform the key responsibilities of the job with or without accommodations)