Account Management – Key Account Specialists are expected to plan time and activities to ensure achievement of company and supplier established goals and sales objectives within assigned accounts by:
- Working in conjunction with Division Manager, Brand Development Specialist, Division Wine Manager and Sales Representative to ensure effective execution of distribution, back bar presence, POS, drink features, staff training, promotions, pricing, programming, premium wells, catering, kitchen, wine list and wine by the glass.
- Developing monthly, weekly and daily written plans for execution.
- Gaining knowledge of key customer’s business operations and coordinating multiple and diverse options for selling the company’s products to each.
- Coordinating multi-level, multi-department interface in larger properties various activities.
- Effectively servicing and merchandising assigned accounts.
- Being involved in activities with and around their accounts (IE: committees, functions, charity events, etc.)
Selling – Key Account Specialists are expected to have the ability to develop an effective partnership with accounts by:
- Understanding the processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the company’s products.
- Having extensive knowledge of the company’s products.
- Selling concepts and consulting with the customer on strategies that will collectively enhance both business models.
- Building relationships, and being the primary contact for the ultimate decision maker in assigned accounts.
Communicating – Key Account Specialists are expected to serve as information resources for, and conduits between, the field and the company’s management by:
- Communicating issues, opportunities and market intelligence with appropriate management through written, electronic and verbal means.