Coaching – Division Wine Managers are expected to plan time and activities to ensure achievement of company and supplier established goals and sales objectives within assigned area by:
- Working in conjunction with Division Manager, ADM, TEG Division Manager, TEG Account Managers, and Sales Representative to ensure effective execution of distribution, wine list, wine-by-the-glass (including champagne and sparkling wine), catering, banquets, special events, other opportunities and wine education.
- Working side-by-side with Sales Representatives to help develop wine product knowledge and assist with wine presentations.
- Conducting staff training and education in assigned area as needed.
- Identifying opportunities, developing and implementing ‘Account Action Plans’.
- Gaining knowledge of key customer’s business operations and coordinating multiple and diverse options for selling the company’s products to each.
- Creating customer business building concepts to increase company share and volume.
- Coordinating multi-level, multi-department interface in larger properties various activities.
- Effectively servicing and merchandising assigned accounts.
- Being involved in activities with and around their accounts (IE: committees, functions, charity events, etc.)
Selling – Division Wine Managers are expected to have the ability to develop an effective partnership with accounts by:
- Understanding the processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the company’s products.
- Having extensive knowledge of the company’s products.
- Selling concepts and consulting with the customer on strategies that will collectively enhance both business models.
- Building relationships, and being the primary contact for the ultimate decision maker in assigned accounts.
Communicating – Division Wine Managers are expected to serve as information resources for, and conduits between, the field and the company's management team by:
- Communicating issues, opportunity and marketing intelligence with appropriate management team through written, electronic and verbal means