Role & Purpose
- Familiar with objectives and brand strategies across the entire portfolio.
- Provide the organization executives with short and long term direction consistent with Proximo brand strategy.
- Drive urgent focus and action on Proximo executional needs.
- Support the achievement of Proximo’s goals (quantitative & qualitative) across all markets, channels and customers.
- Manage to distributor process including tracking, KPI’s and meetings.
- Develop and maintain relationships across the distributor family and throughout the Proximo organization. Key focus on counterparts at Proximo.
- Ensure that the distributor family is a preferred partner with Proximo.
- Bonus will be tied to Proximo performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
Proximo Standards, Calendars, Plans and Goals:
- Understand and implement Proximo brand standards and strategic objectives across all markets.
- Develop and communicate the Proximo pricing and programming calendar to all sales personnel.
- Align the distributor senior management with the Proximo portfolio and brand strategies.
- Work with Proximo managers to create effective programs to achieve goals and business objectives.
- Drive ownership and urgency toward achievement of goals across the entire distributor sales organization on annual Proximo plan for depletions, distribution, pricing, promotions and merchandising. Hitting key push periods outlined on the brand calendar.
- Acute focus on new item launches: Setting proper distribution and merchandising goals, implementing tracking and posting all monthly on the gains needed.
- Champion Category Management needs and initiatives regarding brand positioning in Off and On Premise. Ensure targeting and tracking of improvements needed.
- Effectively and routinely communicate to all sales personnel Proximo brand support resources such as advertising, tie-ins, sponsorships, etc. as part of monthly selling efforts.
Forecasting, Shipments, Depletions and Consumer Pull:
- Continuously verify that ALL Proximo US SKUs are available in the distributor system, available in proper quantities and programmed accordingly with the sales force. Bring focus to underdeveloped SKUs.
- Ensure all quarterly shipment profit point goals are met for each state/market.
- Achievement of Proximo profit points goals on depletions throughout all distributor markets.
- Own the depletion forecasting process for Annual, Mid-Year, Monthly and Mid-Month. Ensure complete engagement and alignment of sales organization to the execution of the forecasted depletion numbers.
- Ensure all new SKUs or innovation items are forecasted, ordered from Proximo on a timely basis and entered into the wholesaler’s system along with the proper launch programs.
- Lead brand depletion YTD gap fill analysis and drive efforts to leverage the Proximo portfolio to achieve the annual depletion points total. Report on key brand gap fill status at each CCD and QBR.
- Drive urgency and action with the proper distributor leadership towards rectifying lagging numbers in: Depletions, Distribution, Nielsen and NABCA pull. Should be done on a monthly basis.
- Identify issues and trends impacting Proximo initiatives. Propose solutions and actions to remedy. Identify opportunities beyond prescribed annual plan and communicate those throughout both organizations while developing and recommending an action plan.
Funding and Deployment of Resources:
- Working with the Proximo counterpart, allocate the agreed funding across distributor markets to maximize effectiveness.
- Manage expenses against the agreed budget. Including effective and timely use of LMF to enhance Proximo brand support and achieve market depletion and consumer pull goals.
- Provide monthly accounting of LMF usage.
Tracking, Business Meetings and Processes:
- Monitor and track programs and monthly objectives.
- Provide access to distributor data systems where feasible and ensure requested reporting is delivered to Proximo personnel.
- Develop agendas and follow Proximo prescribed templates for QBR’s and other meetings as well as facilitating and scheduling.
- Facilitate sharing of best practices across all markets.
- Monitor and communicate competitive activities across all markets.
- Lead all markets on new product introductions in regards to communication, launch materials for sales force and education of all teams on the new items. This includes managing test markets when needed. Be present for all kick offs, represent the Proximo partnership and coordinate all markets so that Proximo Management can also attend if available.
- Across all markets, champion all training on the Proximo portfolio with the assistance of Proximo personnel.
- Ensure all local activities are legally compliant and socially responsible.
- Dedicate time to be “in-market” on surveys, at team meetings or on customer calls to assess Proximo and competitive brand activities/opportunities or improvements needed.
Customer Management – National and Regional Accounts
- Incorporate distributor/broker and Proximo National/Regional Accounts teams into all business processes and meetings where pertinent. Particularly, annual planning, QBRs and monthly check-ins.
- Identify and communicate monthly National/Regional Account compliance on product authorizations and distribution.
- Brief Proximo and distributor/broker sales leadership on National/Regional Account programs pertinent to Proximo brands, communicate on execution effectiveness/shortfalls during the program and a post program summation.