POSITION TITLE: Director of Sales - Lucky/Save Mart/Raley's/World Market
The Director of Sales will establish strategic sales initiatives to achieve corporate and supplier objectives for assigned market /customer and channel.
• Develop monthly programs and promotional activity, while adhering to forecast data.
• Establish for assigned personnel specific, measurable and achievable objectives compatible with company and supplier priorities.
• Know and analyze supplier brands, company sales organization, the assigned market place trends, competitive wholesalers and assigned supervisory areas.
• Identify on an ongoing basis distribution gaps and develop a strategy to overcome issues.
• Utilize available resources to maximize results within area of responsibility.
• Direct the execution of the business plan to achieve financial objectives for assigned market /customer and channel.
• Train all personnel in accordance with the programs and procedures of the company’s training system.
• Work with assigned personnel to establish sales programs and strategies.
• Provide leadership, guidance and support needed to attain the commitment and motivation of all assigned personnel.
• Conduct meetings as needed to effectively communicate objectives, programs, strategies, policies and procedures to assigned personnel.
• Ensure that assigned personnel adhere to the federal, state and local laws and regulations governing the sales of alcoholic beverage products.
• Organize the structure and utilization of all assigned supervisory areas to ensure achievement of company and supplier objectives.
• Attract, develop and thus retain sales and management teams.
• Organize assigned personnel schedules to concentrate on in-field activities.
• Ensure that the structure of all sales territories provide the account coverage and service frequency levels consistent with actual potential sales volume and reasonable customer requirements.
• Provide specific and current information on supplier, market, sales and merchandising results and/or problems.
• Formulate recommendations that will strengthen the sales and merchandising results for supplier brands.
• Submit required reports promptly and accurately as directed by management.
• Maintain reliable, up-to-date sales performance and personnel records.
• Impart knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales function to sales team.
• Maintain and develop positive business relationships with suppliers and customers, including providing them with requested business reviews and information.
• Communicate all sales issues and opportunities for their respective area of responsibility.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and clean DMV record.