- Leadership - Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together
- Includes leadership of financial metrics for global freight contracts and accountability for freight audit, payment and freight claims standards of an annual spend totaling $15MM
- Responsible for transportation management systems recommendations and standards
- Builds/maintains effective relationships with planning, distribution, finance, IT, to implement an integrated approach to transportation operations effectiveness and freight payment
- Monitors operations and financial best practices to ensure success across a complex transportation network including the impact of technological advancements, especially in regards to TMS (transportation management systems) and FAP (freight audit and payment) systems
- Sets and utilizes operational and financial KPI’s
- Recommends and executes operational and financial transportation service changes
- Acts as company ambassador to internal and external business partners
- Accountable for enterprise freight, audit, payment and claims process
- Keeps current on industry financial trends and communicates potential impact
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- A focus on an operational orientation and with ability to set dynamic, compelling goals and aggressive schedules for improvement.
- Decisive in actions and able to develop a culture of operational excellence.
- Quality execution skills, the insight to identify problems early, and the ability to innovate within a traditional industry will be critical to success.
- Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and team on changes in policies and practices within the organization
- Plans and manages business unit and department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Pro-actively identifies and plans mid and long term transportation needs; recommending optimum infrastructure/strategies; identifying appropriate in sourcing/outsourcing options.
- Responsible for the 3-5 years enterprise global transportation strategic plan.
- Drive continuous improvement capabilities for inbound transportation supply chain processes.
- Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
- Manages multiple 3PL transportation providers in North America (consolidation/deconsolidation/merge-in-transit, ETC) and port operations
Business Requirements - Providing operational expertise and executing financial reporting and payment responsibilities:
- Responsible for the financial inputs into the AOP for all global freight movements.
- Provides systems, process, financial standards and operational proficiencies freight movement.
- Ensuring that all transportation operations and systems comply with local PRO, health, safety, environmental/risk management legislation as well as with Corporate Policies.
- Demonstrated capacity to implement process re-engineering with a hands on approach
- Stays current with trends, regulations and initiatives regarding transportation.
Partner Development & Team Building - Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Challenges and inspires team members to achieve business results.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of partners in operations and administration.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partners, business and customer results.
- Recruits, develops and organizes world class transportation expertise.